Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Children's Justice Center

I volunteer at the CJC just once a week for two meager hours. But these two hours make the all the difference. Volunteering at the CJC makes my entire week better. It grounds me. It reminds me of what really matters. Today I in charge of six kids, I have never had more than two at a time. So it was a little overwhelming. I had three six year olds, all still working on their sharing skills. I loved playing with them for nearly an hour an a half, which is an unusually long time for the children to be there. One of the girls, Ashley, had already started her interview when I had got there, so I only got to meet her for a short time. While I was with her we read books together and just talked. It is kids like Ashley that amaze me. I have never been so impressed with a young girl. Even though she was the victim in this case, I feel like she changed me for the better. She truly is beautiful on the inside and out. I know she is going to have a hard life ahead of her, but I know for a fact that she will be alright. In that brief time Ashley made the biggest impact on me and I am so grateful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment