Saturday, December 10, 2011

Day 102

After the concert with Sam's daughter (middle), and her sister-in-laws.

The whole gang!

Friday. The 9th of December.

This morning I went directly up to the library after breakfast. I started studying for my NT final. Well I didn't study for really that long, I memorized my stuff and was done. It was only ten and I didn't know what to do with myself. So I left the library and went downstairs and showered and actually did my hair. Then I had lunch and went to take my final. It was pretty easy, there were only a couple questions I didn't know. I was planning on doing the second half of the test right after, but obviously that didn't happen. I ended up watching another episode of Gilmor Girls. Then I got changed and walked over to the Western Wall with a nice large group of the students. We got permission to be out a whole five minutes past our usual time. Once the sun goes down on Friday, Sabbath begins for Jews. So a bunch of them come to the Wall to welcome Sabbath. We went to the wall on a Friday night a few months ago. This time it was freezing, so it wasn't quite as enjoyable as the last time. But I still loved seeing the culture and religion of the Jews. The center sent us a bus to get back, but more kids went than they were planning on. So there wasn't room for two other boys and myself, so we had to ride with security back. They had come to help pick us up. Right when we got back to the center we had a choir practice, it was super frustrating. Because it was just supposed to be a run through, supposed to be quick. Ya right. We would be told to walk in a certain order, then once we did it they got mad at us because it didn't work. Well you were the one that told us to do that! The Oman's aren't very patient people. We had a quick dinner, then the Achievement Day girls had a little How the Grinch Stole Christmas play. It was fun, but rough timing because everyone was trying to get ready for the concert. We then went right up to the upper auditorium and practiced for the show a bit more. And had to sit in our seats for half an hour and wait for the performance to start. I had way too much energy to be sitting there. And Sam had said she was going to come, so I was turned around in my seat looking for her to come in. But I never saw here, bummer. So I was a bit sad she didn't make it. I sat through the very long performance, it was great. But I have listened to these kids sing and stuff so many times already. When the concert ended guess what?! Sam actually was there, she had just came late and sat in the back corner. She brought two of her daughters and two of he sister-in-laws. I was so excited that they had come! I haven't seen Sam in over a month. They all chatted with us for a while. The other girl that she had brought was beautiful, she is only seventeen and is going to be married in July! Once they left I went and finished the second half of my test and watched a bit of 24. Then it was past one! What was I doing that late. Logically I went to bed. Dur.

No comments:

Post a Comment