Thursday, December 1, 2011

Day 92

The Western Wall

Walking along the Western Wall

Leslie and me

The Kotel Tunnels

Tuesday. The 29th of November.

We had a field trip today. But we had to be in smaller groups than normal, so we were split into three groups according to our last names. I was in the first group to leave, but that wasn't until 9:20. So I got up and got ready then went up to breakfast, I sat a table with Melissa but I didn't talk at all. Apparently what happened yesterday had absolutely no effect on her, she acted just like normal. I tried to catch up on my NT reading before we left. We rode vans over to the western wall, I was in a van with Lauren and Leslie. There were also a few other kids and Professor Harper and his wife and Skinner and his wife. The three of us pretended to be asleep in the back of the van when we got there, but no one noticed. It was still pretty funny to us though. Anytime we see each other we pretend to be asleep, like every time I go down to Lauren's room and walk in everyone is 'sleeping.' We think it is hilarious. We went to the Kotel Tunnel, it is excavations all along the Western Wall. Only a very small portion of the Western Wall is open, most of it is still underground or build on. We went along the side of it, so we were between the Muslim Quarter and the buried wall. It was actually a really interesting field trip, it brought a lot into perspective about the Temple Mount and the walls. It helped me to understand the area a lot better. Our tour guide was really great too, he knew a lot. But it was funny because we have already learned everything he told us. He was even wrong with one of his facts, we didn't say anything but we were all looking over at Bro. Skinner. He said that Jesus spoke Hebrew, but obviously he spoke Aramaic. Not a big deal. After the tour was over we were had to walk back to the center, they told us we could stay out but we only had about an hour. Lauren and I walked back with Matty and Caleb. They are fun boys, but not really my kind of people. Some muslim man stopped his car and was talking to us for a little while. Well he was talking with the boys, he wouldn't even look at or acknowledge Lauren and me. The man would sort of ask a question then just answer it himself, he was interesting. We kept trying to leave, but he wouldn't stop talking. Eventually we got away. For lunch we had pizza, yum. Then we had an hour of NT, I was doing just fine until the last fifteen minutes and I could barely keep my eyes open. Then we had an hour of announcements, some people just ask the dumbest questions. Sometimes they just don't understand the simplest things. We had linen exchange next. I went up to the library with Whitney afterwards and wrote a paper for Ludlow's class about a museum that I visited on the second day that I was here. At dinner they had these little truffle sized balls. They were kinda a sweet and condensed milk/ coconutish middle with chocolate on the outside. Pretty much I ate about ten of them for dinner. They were ridiculously delicious. Then I watched Toy Story 3 with Lindsay, Ben and Whitney. Worked on homework a bit more. Blogged. Was chastised by Desiree for not being more interesting in visiting teaching. And now I'll probably just go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment