Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Day 104

Spice shop in the City

Good ol' Damascus Gate

Wendy's dress that I wore to the concert

Sunday. The 11th of December.

Officially our last week. I went to breakfast early this morning, because Leslie, Kaitlyn, and I wanted to leave by eight. We wanted to go to church at a Lutheran church in the old city. So we started our way and were in the city when we ran into Huntsman and his daughter! They happen to be going to the same church, so we walked together. Funny thing was that he kept getting us lost and was confused, but I knew where we were the entire time. And kept trying to suggest how to get there. Eventually he listened and we got their right on time. The three of us sat a bit farther back than him, because we wanted to watch all the people too. There was probably only twenty other people there. The service was actually really enjoyable. I wish that I had gone to more services, oops too late now. It was the third Sunday of Advent so they had all the little children go to the front and light the third candle on the Advent wreath. All of the people there were really friendly, one of them said they had never met a lutheran from Utah. We didn't have the heart to break the news to him that we weren't actually Lutheran. At one point in the meeting they had everyone stand up and introduce themselves. They even invited us to have tea in the courtyard with them afterwards. Once the service was over we just wandered the city and shopped around. Some people are so against shopping, which I find irritating. Because I feel like it is one of the best ways to explore the city and you get to interact with the locals. So it just irritates me when I'm with someone that is too opinionated and won't willingly do what the rest of the group wants to do. It wasn't a problem today, the three of us had a lot of fun. But just throwing that out there, I find those kind of people to be very rude. We ended up going home around one, which I was a bit bummed about. Bu the other two girls still had essay's they had to write for class. I started watching this odd submarine movie on my laptop, which is slightly retarded and likes to shock my wrists while I am typing. Halfway through my movie the phone rang. And it was Katie Legro, she had errands to do and was wondering if I would be the third person in her group. I was easily convinced. Would I rather be watching a movie by myself or walking around an ancient city? Though choice. I went out with her and Caleb Cunningham. They are both very fun and energetic kids.We just walked over to the money changer and the olive wood man, got some treats then came home. It was a fun little outing. At seven we had to get ready for another, more formal concert. I was being dramatic and laying on the floor by my closet because I had nothing to wear. So Whitney and I actually swapped clothes completely. It was a nice change. I am so sick of all of my clothes. This concert was for ticketed persons only. I really did not want to go, I didn't even enjoy being in the last concert. And for this concert the music man, Oman, cut some of our students solo's and special performances. It was one of the rudest things. He cut some great acts, just to make sure he had time for himself and for three kids that aren't even with our program. Even worse he didn't tell the kids he cut until half an hour before the show that they were out. It was so sad. One act was Koryl and Shelly, Koryl dances beautifully while Shelly sings and plays the guitar. They had been practicing all day long for nothing. They were devastated. We made it through the concert, all of the people that had come were very kind. It was a full house. I was just glad it was over with. Afterwards we had refreshments in the oasis, but it ended up turning into a Christmas dance party. I think perhaps we have gotten to comfortable around each other, at one point we dragged a Christmas tree into the center of the floor and we were all dancing around it. Super funny. Once I was over the dancing scene, I pulled an 180 and went and ended my night by watching The Ring.

No comments:

Post a Comment