Thursday, December 8, 2011

Day 98


Some of the kids from the school

The mural that our semester painted at the school.

Just one of the lovely streets in the Old City.

If you look super close you can see the JC in the far distance,
just our daily walk.

This would be Omar's Olive wood shop.

Monday. The 5th of December.
This morning I went with a group of kids over to a local elementary. We were given about three minute of instructions then five of us were each sent into classrooms full of little four and five year olds. Well it was super fun, but we had to teach them a lesson on the letter F. So we sang this frog song to them at least twenty times. And one girl in my group was being super irritating and being a dictator, she was making it harder than it had to be. Nonetheless I still loved it. I just wish that we could have just played with the kids for a while longer. Once we were done teaching I went down to the city with Leslie and Kaitlyn. Our original intention had been to visit Sam, but she wasn't at work when we got there. Bummer. So we ended up walking around and doing some more shopping. It's fun that a bunch of the shop keepers recognizes us and are chatty. We walked all around the city, we even went up to West J and had some pizza for lunch. Once we got back to the center I finished filling out my NT field trip guide. After dinner we had (F)HE, they asked me to give the lesson just a few minutes before we started. Oh gee thanks. We then played wizard chess, where we were the pieces. It was actually super lame and not organized very well. But luckily it didn't last long. I then watched the Christmas Devotional in the forum, who even knew that those existed? Well apparently just about everyone but me. After that I went to a poetry reading, The Dead (Sea) Poets Society. Ha. A bunch of kids had a whole area set up. I stayed for a while and listened to some poems, most of them were pretty funny. Although one girl recited a super deep poem that she had written, I don't feel like it was the time or place for her lovely little poem. Oh wells. I then did a smidge bit more homework then went to beddd.

No comments:

Post a Comment