Friday, December 2, 2011

Day 94

Russian Orthodox Church

Inside the Church

The Russian Orthodox Church

View from the Church
Entry to the Russian Orthodox Church


Tombs of the Proophets

Going down to the tombs

Inside the tombs

Inside the tombs

With my candle
Bundled up at the light show

Leslie and I at the light show

The Waffles Place


Thursday. The 1st of December.

Oh my goodness gracious it's December! Crrrzy. This morning I got up woke up early and laid in my bed for an hour reading more of my NT. Once I rolled out of bed I got ready then cleaned the room a bit, as in I picked crap off the floor and washed out the sinks. Rumor has it that it was our last room check. We passed with flying colors, like always. I ate breakfast quick and when I put my tray away they have sinks and mirrors in the washer room. I looked in the mirror and I had powder sugar all over my face! Oh well thanks to the people who I was sitting with for not feeling the need to tell me. We had NT for a fun two hours, we even got a couple minute break today! After class I wasn't planning on going out, but I ended up deciding that obviously going out is way better than trying to do any homework. So I left with Whitney, Ben, Lindsay, and Coral. We walked down to the Russian Orthodox Church of Mary Magdalene, it is only open like twice a week. So we finally timed it so that we could go. It was surprisingly really pretty inside, there were a lot of gardens/foliage. And the Church is really fun from the outside, I just now learned the name of it. I have always called it the golden onion church, reference the photos to understand this name. We then walked up this steep mountain of a road to the Tomb of the Prophets, it is pretty much just in someone's backyard. You walk down into the cave and get a candle and just walk around and look at the stone tombs. It was pretty fun actually. I didn't learn anything about it but we enjoyed it. According to a sign though apparently Haggai and Maleachi were buried here. We the walked back to the center and had falafel's for lunch. Most people hate them, but I am actually quite a fan. We had to fill out evaluation forms for the Oasis while we were eating, just a little more JCLDS (JC last day's syndrome). I then studied for a bit and went to a little study group. Although I wouldn't say it was the most effective study group but it sure was fun. It was Lauren, Katie, Elyse, Whitney and me. A fun group. Next I studied a bit more. Had a ten minute dinner then went out again! We planned this in advance so we were allowed to go out at dark. A group of seventeen of us went to this light show at the Tower of David. It is where they project pictures onto the old walls. It was fun to watch. It was super cold though, but I carried a backpack just full of clothes. I ended up wearing three jackets and my scarf the entire time. While I was in line some old woman asked me how I had done my hair, because she thought it looked so beautiful. So I took my hair out and re-did it for her, she was so impressed that all I did was flip my ponytail inside itself. There were a couple local boys that were in front of me and talked to us for a little while, they were a bit odd. I think they were in the military. When the show ended we walked around West J for a while and got some waffles. Wendy and I shared one with cinnamon cream cheese and the other with vanilla and cookie crumbs. They were delicious. We then went back to the center and I took a quiz for NT and tried to do a bit of homework. Ya as you can tell it's going pretty well...Anyways, I'm probably going to go to bed now! Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment