Monday, September 12, 2011

Day 12


Sabbath. Today was district conference so church didn’t start until 11. So I decided to sleep through breakfast, I was not into getting ready early for breakfast then waiting three hours for church. There were a lot more people there today than last week, obviously because it was conference. For an hour and a half my head kept bobbing, I have no idea why thought because I had gotten a ton of sleep the night before. We weren’t fed lunch after that. Lame. And we had until two for relief society. So we had some roommate bonding time, just in our room. We all just laid on our beds and talked. It was a good use of time, if I must say so myself. Then we headed back up to the Auditorium for RS. We got these cool magnets with a quote of course. The ladies who spoke were really great. Afterwards Whitney, Melissa, and I went outside and picked a pomegranate of one of the many trees and ate it. It was so good that we picked three more. Between church and dinner we area allowed to visit the boys rooms. So we decided to take some to the boys. We went to Matty’s room to give him one, but he was asleep and Ben answered the door. So we forced him to wake Matty up. It was actually pretty funny because he was sleeping with a teddy bear. He had never had a pomegranate before, so we gave them to him. We went up to dinner after that. And while we were eating someone asked me quite loudly why I wasn’t eating any meat. So ya. Now a lot of people know that I am a vegetarian, but one of the other girls here is too. And she told them when she applied so they are making her eat fish. So hopefully they don’t find me out. We snuck out a bunch of pita bread for later, which we gladly enjoyed at about ten when we were starving. I walked over to the Gardens of Getsemane with Leslie, Whitney, and Melissa when we finished dinner. All of the stone paths here tend to be very smooth so clumsy me just decided to slip and fall on the ground on our way over. Haha it was actually really funny. And I’m pretty durable so it didn’t hurt at all. We were only at the garden for a couple minutes because it was closing, then we went into mary’s tomb again really quick. And walked home. But on our way home we were walking on a dirt path and said hi to a few little boys and they started throwing big rocks at us! Like big! So we started running so we wouldn’t get nailed, then they started chasing us! They though it was funny, but we did not want to get stoned to death. So we out ran them. Dumb kids. When we got to the lower gate to the center a few other little boys were playing soccer right next to the gate. So we started playing with them. They were all real cute and fun. But then one of the security guards came out and told us we weren’t allowed to play with the little kids. It made no sense to us, but we went inside because we really didn’t have any option. I played some games with kids upstairs for a while, like murder in the dark but werewolf style. And just hung out, but they started watching a movie. So I decided just to go to bed. I should have done some homework, but where is the fun in that?

No comments:

Post a Comment