Sunday, September 18, 2011

Day 18


I added some links to other girl’s blogs that are here with me on the side bar. I’m using my blog for more of a journal, so it’s pretty lame to read. Some of their blogs are more fun to read, if you want.



Friday. I feel like I have been here forever. But really it has only been about three weeks. Which is great because I am still here for about twelve more! OT was two hours this morning. It was rough. I couldn’t get the lesson outline to print out to take notes on, so paying attention became even more difficult than usual. We had class with Ophir, Judiasm, after OT. And we’ve all been stressing out because he told us we were going to have a quiz. So I did the reading really well, but I didn’t study any of the past readings. The quiz was mainly multiple choice with a few fill in the blanks. And it was a hard quiz. I guessed on most of them. But lucky for me I am pretty good at guessing and got 8.5 out of 12. I was satisfied with that score. We had a make your own sandwich bar for lunch. Which I’m actually not a fan of, because they usually only have lunchmeats for it. Yuck. Ludlow’s class was after lunch. Which we had another quiz in. But his quiz was only over the reading from the night before which was only a few pages long. I did much better on this quiz and got a 6 out of 5. Yes. Extra credit. Right before the quiz I gave Melissa an quick overview of the reading because she didn’t do it. And it happened that everything I had told her was on the quiz. So luckily for her she got the same score as me because of my great summarizing skills. Class ended at 2:20 and were not allowed to leave the building until 3. So we slowly got ready then headed out. Melissa, Matty, Nick and I left together. We went up to Alladins first to get money for Turkey, but he was closed. Bummer. We went into the Old City and headed over to the Jewish quarter. We hadn’t really been over there except for when we went to the Dome and the Western Wall. The Jewish quarter is soo much nicer than the Muslim and Christian quarters. They are only a few yards away from each other but are completely different. And you rarely see Muslims in the Jewish quarter, or Jews in the Muslim quarter. Most of the stores were closing or closed because they were all preparing for Shabbat. We found one bakery that was closed but still had some workers in it, so we were able to get some Challa bread. We actually got three loafs, two normal and one sweet. Then we just sat in a nice area and ate our bread and people watched. Another group of BYU kids walked by so we gave them some of our bread, there is a pretty good chance that you will always pass other kids while when the city. We finished off two entire loafs. Then went walking. I loved it because we didn’t have a set place to go, we were just wandering around. And most of the streets were empty, which was fun to see because usually they are full of people. We ended up going up some stairs that led us onto the roofs of all of the shops. It was a ton of fun, we climbed all over the roofs and watched people from above. We felt like we were in the movie Aladin, walking on top of the roofs. It was one of the most fun day’s I’ve had just wondering the city. You could see the Dome and the Center from the top. We also found a bunch of tiny kittens, they were soo small. But wouldn’t come to us because they were too scared. We then headed back because we didn’t want to miss dinner, but we got popsicles on our way. Because the last hike up the mountain to the center is killer. But we were pretty slow getting back, because we got a little turned around in the city and we were always waiting on Matty because he would be off taking pictures. The rest of the night was free. So I watched What’s up Doc? with a bunch of people in the lounge. I had never seen it before, it was actually really funny but so random. We then had a brief intermission and got some snacks from the Shekel Shack and the went onto have a double feature of Father of the Bride. After that I went to bed because it was way past my usual bed time.

No comments:

Post a Comment