Friday, September 9, 2011

Day 8


So I got up a bit early, like usual to finish my essay for Old Testament. It was probably the worst essay, really only two paragraphs, that I have ever written. I had OT and Ludlow in the morning until ten. It’s funny because everyday that we have a gap for a few hours everyone pretty much run’s out of the building. Okay maybe not quite running. But immediately after class you have like five minutes to get ready and then your group and you are out. I went out with Lauren, Kaitlyn, Elise, and a few other girls. Give or take five. Everyone kinda shifts groups when we run into each other. Today was a bit of a pain, because we always seemed to be waiting around for someone who wasn’t even in our group. All I really want to do is just wonder the city and not have a plan or a set path. But no. Everyone always wants to the same shop. It’s a great little booth and Shabon the owner is great and all, but I want change. On our way over though we stopped and got some candy. Kinder bars to be exact, we had to eat them fast because it’s so hot. And they were melting extremely fast. At the shop the guy, Shabon, made all of the girls little wire rings for free. They are really fun to have. We walked around for a while, some kids ate Falafels (reference next post for what that is). There was a group of little boys, about 12 years old, that were all trying to push each other into me. They asked my name and were talking about me for a while. Because I was walking the same direction as them. There was also an old man that was talking to Jared and I, he asked us a few questions then grabbed our chins and shook them. It was really funny, it was as if your great aunt was squeezing your chubby cheeks. We headed over to the West side, the Jewish side. It is the complete opposite of the Old City. It’s high end and clean. We all got some gelato there, I got vanilla caramel nuts. It wasn’t  that great, but it was cold. We ran into another group there, where I had to jump ships. Because every single person in my group was in Arabic and didn’t have to be back for a while longer. So I walked back from the West side with five other girls. And for we think school had just gotten out because big groups of boys were everywhere. And they kept saying things to us. For some reason when I got back to the Center I had never sweat so much, ever. In my entire life ever. I had pretty much soaked my entire shirt in sweat. So I showered in about a minute then went to my Hebrew class. We are learning a lot more than the Arabic classes, but it is easily my most entertaining class. Were taught like were four year olds, with objects that start with the letter and sound. It is great. I finally did my laundry after class. And just stayed in the laundry room the whole time and tried to get some reading done. We had dinner and then a Forum. The Forum was excruciatingly long. And some how I ended up front and center. Literally the very front row, about three feet away from the speaker. I can’t remember what his name was, but he was some big embassy political guy. I really don’t even know what he was talking about either. He talked for an hour and a half. Bleh. I went to bed almost right after, because his lecture had almost put me to sleep. But I did look attentive the entire time, at least that’s what Lauren told me.

No comments:

Post a Comment