Thursday, September 15, 2011

Day 15


Following up on my HE last night, we played volleyball against two other groups. We came out on top, undefeated to be exact. I finished the night off studying for Bashir Bashir’s class, Islam, with Matty, Leslie, Melissa, and Whitney. I am progressively getting up later and later each morning. Breakfast usually goes from 7-7:50, so I don’t have to wake up until around 6:50. But I have to factor in when the three other girls in my room are going to be getting ready. Let’s just say that I am not a fan of the four girls to one bathroom thing. I’m probably going to be extra descriptive in this post, because my day really wasn’t exciting.
I have a pita at every meal, it’s a staple, a must. I’ll tell you the best way to eat it. Fill the pita with the nutella and peanut butter, understand that neither of these taste like normal US products. Then sprinkle a bit of cinnamon into. Next you sent it through the toaster. It comes out all melted inside. Heaven. I’ve been trying to limit how much I eat it.
I had OT and Islam this morning. I got my second essay back in OT, I got a terrible score on it. Which I found ironic because I thought it was much better than my first paper, but I scored a lot lower. What evs. Hopefully essay three gets scored well. We had Islam for two hours. It is easily the worst class were taking here. We have had it three times and have learned nothing. Bashir Bashir has just been criticizing us about not generalizing Islam. We are probably the most open minded group that he has ever talked to and are all ready for him to teach us. But he is generalizing us as close minded Americans. It is even more funny because he isn’t Muslim so were not getting the same biased opinion like we are by our Jewish teacher in Judaism. None of the student’s are a fan of him.
I played foosball with Matty and Melissa after class until lunch. Except we didn’t have a real ball so we improvised and found another little ball that moved so slowly. So it was a very, very slow motion game. Once again I won and I was on my own team. Games are one thing that I actually excel at. After lunch I took a quick nap then went to Hebrew. Hebrew is a fun class so far, but I am not a fan. Just because I have it at the worst possible time so when all of my friends are going out to the city I can’t go because I have class. So it’s a bummer. And my Hebrew class isn’t hard, but it is soo much harder than the Arabic. They don’t have to do anything. Lameo. I went to the library and I wrote my next essay for OT and did the reading for Ludlow’s class (Ancient Near East). I was up there with Whitney and Leslie, we took a break for dinner then went back up for a little while. After that I hit up the Sheckle Shack with Melissa, it was the Grand Opening. They have a ton of snacks, we didn’t actually buy anything but we mooched off of other people. We then made flash cards for our Hebrew class, which proved to be quite challenging. Because we didn’t have any flashcards, I ended up cutting up my binder and notebooks for the thick paper. It barely made enough for the both of us. But it was soo time consuming, that by the time we finished it was ten and we were exhausted and went to bed. I realize that ten doesn’t seem late, but for some reason I get extra tired here. Thus I am always going to bed early and taking naps, but at least I’m not the only one. PS for some reason I get a ton of complements everyday on my clothes, hair, accessories. I find it funny because I wouldn’t consider these things to be cute. But I’m fine with the complements.

No comments:

Post a Comment