Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Days 27 and 28

The past few day's don't compare much to Turkey. But they weren't bad, I mean I am in Jerusalem. Our first day back from Turkey we had a brunch at ten. Except Whitney and I were the only two people there, everyone else was still sleeping. Since we were up so much earlier than everyone else we decided to do our laundry before everyone else. So we through our stuff in the washer, but once we came back some lameo people had taken our laundry out before it was done washing so they could put their stuff in. Not cool. So we put our stuff into the dryers and sat by them so no one would take them out early again. And while I was sitting there watching my dryer one of the great kids here opened my dryer early and started taking it out. So when I asked what she was doing she said she needed a dryer and made me take my stuff out because it was somewhat dry. Let's just say that I was not a happy camper. The whole situation was pretty dumb. But I got over it and did pretty much nothing the rest of the day. I got caught up on blogging. And did some homework. I started to watch a movie that night, but couldn't stay awake. And that was the extent of my exciting Sunday.
Lauren, me, Rachel crushing our herbs

Monday was a field trip day! I was excited because we didn't have classes, but our field trip was from eight until four in a garden filled with plants mentioned in the bible. So I wasn't very excited to be looking at plants for eight hours. But it was actually a lot more fun than I expected. Our tour guide lady was really nice and it was all hand's on activities. We got to herd sheep and goats, pull water up from a ancient well, crush dried herbs (that we got to keep), and make pita bread. It was a lot better than I was expecting. After the garden we came back to the center had dinner. And then for some odd reason I decided to go to the Christmas Concert Choir practice. Which was somewhat of a joke. Because everyone here has been singing their entire life's and are all great and can hit every note ever invented. So I was pretty pathetic compared to them all. But it was really entertaining because Professor Huntsman was in charge of it and used to be in the Tabernacle Choir and is very eccentric. And after choir I decided to do another thing that I never do. And that would be working out. One of the security guards does a conditioning class every week. So Melissa and I went to it. Which again was a joke. It was an hour long and you run around the gym the entire time and then every once in a while we stop and do these ridiculous exercises for a few minutes and then run again. We would lay on the ground and when we got up we would leave nice sweaty body outlines on the floor. After the workout ended Melissa wanted to play soccer with a few kids, but it made the teams uneven so I had to play too. Which was also another joke. So pretty much the teams were three on three and then Melissa and I joined and it was still pretty much three on three. Because both of us were so awful. And that was the end of my adventurous day.

No comments:

Post a Comment