Saturday, October 1, 2011

Days 29, 30, 31, 32, and 33


Well I’m five day’s behind on my posts. And I feel like can fit it all into one. Because really this week hasn’t been exciting enough for each day to deserve a post. And frankly I can’t remember what I did in my free time this week. Well basically I just hung out, watched a few movies, spent a day on pinterest with a bunch of girls, sanitized my hands a bunch (about half of the kids here are sickly), and did a minimal amount of homework. And I broke a mirror! Ah I’m now going to have bad luck for like seven years! Also it is Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year. All we did to celebrate was eat apples with honey for good luck at our meals.

I did go out to the city on Wednesday with Jeff, Melisa, Izak, Rachel, and Scott. We just wondered the Old City and did a little shopping. At one point we spent over an hour in one jewelry store because Izak was designing a engagement ring for his girl at home, it was super thoughtful of him. But we were in that dang store for too long. That night we had Arab Culture night, where a few men came and read/sang the Koran to us. Then we had an Arab feast, which was all meat. The man in charge introduced the food to us and told us that Arabs don’t like vegetarians and everyone looked at Taylor and me when he said that. After we ate we went to the gym and had a Palestinian Folk dancing lesson. It was surprisingly fun, we held hands in small circles and were taught by these young kids. It was an all foot dance. And I forgot to mention that everyone was dressed up in Arab attire, well except for myself and a handful of other kids. I am so not into costumes. And I didn’t want to waste money on a tacky outfit that I would never wear again. But there were a ton of kids in the full garb, there was even a costume contest. I actually wasn’t a big fan of the night. After the event Melissa and I worked out. Which we were going to do every day, but I have already fallen off the bandwagon and haven’t exercised since then. Oh wells.

I didn’t go to the city anymore this week. Just stuck around the center. I was mainly with Whitney aka Wendy, we keep joking that we have only been apart for like three hours in the last few days. Which is actually true. Hopefully she doesn’t get sick of me too fast. She is one of my favorite girls here (and no I didn’t write that just because she might read this). J smiley face. Ha. Okay.

Wendy and I. Spending our free time blogging. 
Classes have been long and boring. And boring and long. I hate when we have them for two hours at a time. And I am not a fan of my OT class. My teacher hates my writing so I have been scoring uber low on all of my essays. I’ve never had a teacher mark my paper up as much as he does. He marks mine even more than everyone else’s in the class. He even talked to me about it outside of class about it. Pretty much I fail in religion. But good news! I have four midterms this week! Joy. Even better I haven’t done any studying. Okay well I did a little today on the Sabbath. Shame. No worries though none of my roommates were here to witness me sinning. ha.

On Friday we had a Humanitarian project for a few hours. Apparently we have been allotted a lot of money for these projects. We went into the garage and put together hygiene kits. I was in charge of placing towels with combs and soap for people to roll up and then package. I was pretty much a pro at my job. Someone even joked that I was too efficient for our assembly line. We even broke all of the previous records and made over 2,700 kits. Our goal for the entire semester is 10,000 kits. Were supposed to work on them every week, but at the rate were going we will finish really quickly. Once we finished we had a mini dance party. And then a bunch of us girls all met on one of the floors and painted all of our nails. That night we watched an Indiana Jones movie with everyone in the Forum. Then with a few girls we ate magnum bars and played a game called marry, kiss, kill (where you are given three people and must choose who to marry, kiss, and kill) and the game would you rather. It was pretty hilarious. It was a really fun day.

And today is Fast Sabbath. We get to watch the first session of conference live tonight. And food is in half an hour, yay.

Also I think I have decided on my major and minor. Finally. Well maybe. Unless I fail at chemistry, again. I’m thinking major in nutritional studies and minor in nonprofit management. Exciting, huh?

Shabbat Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment