Saturday, October 22, 2011

Day 51


Thursday. The 20th of October.

Well today wasn’t exciting at all. We had OT for two hours, far too long for my preference. For the second hour we just talked about our final and about how ridiculous it is. Pretty much it just stressed me out. We then had our Jordan Orientation. It sounds fun, but it just seems like a lot of work for four days. Were on the bus a lot and I have only ever heard of one of the sites were going too. But it will be a nice break from the center. I played basketball for the hour before lunch. I always thought it was weird that they boys were playing basketball so much, but now I know. It’s super fun and easy to just go play, unlike volleyball or softball where you need lots of people and equipment. After lunch it was time to study for our midterm for Ludlow. By study I mean I read over the study guide two or three times. I talked to the fam sometime between the studying for about five minutes, before they decided they hate me and hung up. That, our they just lost service. It could go either way. The little Ludlow girls, Melia and Marissa, hung out in our room for a while before dinner with Desiree and I. They wrote me cute little notes. After dinner we had a forum, which I actually went to this time. The speaker was Khaled Abu Toameh. He is a journalist and does a lot of consulting for many governments. He is such a busy man that the day and time for the forum was changed three or four times. And right before he spoke to us he was on the phone with the White House or something ridiculous like that. He talked about the ‘situation’ in Israel, it’s interesting to hear about it. I’m just very grateful that I am not someone who has to solve this uber-complicated problem. There are just so many opinions and so many people affected by it. He was a good speaker and he actually kept me interested in what he was saying. Once the forum was over I went to the gym with Leslie and Kaitlyn and we cycled while I quizzed them for Ludlow’s test. After we were done biking we played two-on-two basketball with Josh Ludlow. Josh and I won by a bunch, I have discovered that even though I am a bad shot I am really good at setting up the shot for someone else. It was a lot of fun, but I’ve never really been into physical contact sports, that’s the only part I don’t like about basketball. I was supposed to guard Leslie and she was super aggressive and physical, it was just a bit much for me. She was super funny, but after wards she apologized for fouling me so much and being so aggressive. And that concludes my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment