Monday, October 31, 2011

Day 58

Group shot in the Amman Theater

Thursday. The 27th of October.

Our last day in Jordan. This trip has gone by really quick. It feels like we never really left Israel, probably because were only about twenty miles away from it. Same routine morning as usual; wake up, breakfast, bus. Our first stop this morning was Amman Theater. It is the largest theater East of Ephesus. Mohammed talked to us for a few minutes, told us some pointless yet interesting facts. Then we were allowed to wander. But most of us stayed sitting in the theater and sang songs and listened to some of our classmates perform. There are a lot of really talented kids here. Sadly my camera was dead so I didn’t get any pictures from the day. But luckily Whitney was so kind to take a few of me. Joy. We left the theater and walked down the main road for a bit, it was our ‘shopping’ time. But really we just followed the group down the street, there wasn’t really anything to buy anyways. We then stopped at a gift shop for about half an hour, where I once again got Sarah another gift. I didn’t actually buy anything for myself in Jordan. Our lunch was delivered to us while we were there. KFC. Barf. Even worse we had to eat on the bus, thus the whole bus smelled like grossness. And now that everyone knows I’m a vegetarian they felt bad for me and tried to offer me their random snacks. Harper asked me multiple times if I wanted anything, along with about ten other people. Hate the attention. I just ate one of my granola bars and some of Whitney’s crackers, which was sufficient enough. We then drove to the Jordan River and walked around there a bit. It is where John the Baptist baptized Jesus. We finally drove home after that last stop. It took a while to get back through customs for a bunch of people. But I got through easily and they even welcomed me back. We got back early in the afternoon, so we just lounged around for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment