Thursday, October 13, 2011

Day 44

We only had two classes today! OT-obvi and Islam-ick. So after class I went out with a few girls. We didn't go into the Old City but we were right outside of it. We went to Alladin's money exchange. And the owner Alladin was there and he was like I missed you and I was so sad that I went to the wailing wall! Which is funny because he is Arabic and not Hebrew. He was being really funny. We walked around the streets for a little while, got stamps at the post office, and we also went to a few different little convenience type stores and I bought a white chocolate bueno bar, gum, and the most expensive granola bars of my life. But they are delicious, none the less. Worth it. We headed back to the center for lunch. And after lunch we had a lecture about olives. We were told it was going to only be about ten minutes, lies. It was like half an hour. And I was falling asleep nearly the entire time, head bobbing and all. After the lecture we were divided into three groups and sent out to harvest the olives off of our sixty plus olive trees! We got to climb all through the tree's and bushes and pick all of the olives that we could. We had to fill a huge bin to the rim. Eventually I couldn't reach any more so a few people and I just sat on the grass and watched the privileged people that had ladders. And for some reason Danielle and I though it would be a good idea to try one of the olives. Worst idea ever. I literally have never had something so disgusting in my mouth before. And it left a awful flavor in my mouth for hours and made mouth feel like cotton. Pretty much it was the worst thing ever. But it was pretty humorous. After that I went out again with Melissa and a few other kids. We pretty much just walked around the exact same area that I had been in earlier that day.We weren't out for long, but it was still nice to get out of the center though. We came back for dinner and then I took a twenty minute nap. And happened to miss the forum, but I can guarantee to you that I would have fallen asleep in it anyways. I then started working on yet another essay for Harper. But didn't get far, because Whitney and Desiree came back to the room and talked with me until we went to bed. They are fun girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment