Friday, October 14, 2011

Day 45

Twinsies! We're wearing the exact same outfit!

Tower of David

View from the Tower of David. Church of the Holy Sepulchre (the Left tower), JC to the right of the tower (very distant)
and the Dome of the Rock (you can find that one yourself). 

Leslie, Lauren, and I. Matching and posing like fat carl, the JC stray cat.

Tower of David

Matchy, Matchy. Tower of David.

More matching. Andy Jo, Leslie, Lauren.

The fun pose


Thursday. The 13th of October.
We only had one class today! Yipee. Fifty minutes of class and then we had the rest of the day free! I left the center with Lauren, Andy Jo, Elyse, and Katie plus a few other random kids who we split from. On our first day here we got an envelope full of information and included in it was a ticket to the Tower of David. So we decided to head up to it. When we got there we met up with Wendy, Leslie, and Kaitlyn. There ended up being about three other groups of our byu kids there at the same time as us. We just explored it on our own, because there wasn’t a tour going on-which we had expected. So I can’t really tell you the significance of the building. We did watch a little informational movie, but it only gave information about Jerusalem not the Tower of David. But the tower did have one of the best views of the city. You can see the JC, Dome of the Rock, and the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. The view made the trip worth it. We spent a while there, so by the time we were done it was about one. And I was starving, because I had decided to cut back on my breakfast intake that morning. And had only had a piece of toast. Some of our group wanted to head over to the Jewish Quarter, the complete opposite side of the city, because of Sukkot and get lunch over there. So I complied and we made it all the way over there and lost half of our group on the way only to discover that every single store was closed. Real shocker, considering they always close on holidays. We went to the Muslim quarter after and looked at a bunch of places for lunch, but everyone was being stupid and picky. Anything beyond ten shekles was too expensive for them. So I was getting frustrated, I prefer to be in small groups. Three to be exact. The one thing we said we weren’t going to eat was falafels, because were all sick of them. I bet you could guess what they ended up getting, yep falafels. I most definitely did not get one. It was now three in the afternoon and all I had eaten was my piece of toast at breakfast. We happened to run into another group that wanted to go back to the center and needed one more person to make the required three people. So I volunteered myself, I wanted to stay in the city for a few more hours. But no one else wanted to go back and I was sick of this annoying kid that had joined our group (bet you could guess his name). I walked back to the center with Shalyn (the girl we met at orientation, she sat in front of us) and Hannah Harper (the professor’s daughter). The best part was that Shalyn is a super healthy eater, so on the way back we bought some super yummy fruit from a sketchy street vendor. I waited until we got back to wash off my giant peach and it was delicious. I took a nap in my room and hung out around the center. Our Muslim friend Sam had texted us and asked if we wanted to go to a wedding the next night with her. So we (Leslie, Lauren and I) went up to the offices and asked our head security man if we were allowed to go and he told us we had to get more information about it. So we drew sticks to see who had to talk on the phone with her, because none of us knew what to say. Leslie got the short end of the deal and had to call. But Sam just said that she would text it to us by tomorrow. After dinner Leslie, Kaitlyn, and I walked around the center and talked in lisps for a few hours and then watched an Indiana Jones movie to finish off our night.

No comments:

Post a Comment