Monday, October 31, 2011

Day 57


With AnnaLeah and Katie at the King Abdullah Mosque



Inside w/ Elyse, Katilyn, Lauren, Leslie, Katie


Outside the mosque with Whitney

The Citadel with Wendy


Zarqa River

Jerash entrance gate

At the stadium with Katie, Lauren, Leslie, Kaitlyn, and Andrea

The show that we watched

Jerash




Jerash with Katie, Katilyn, and Lauren

Jerash with Leslie

Jerash with the roomie Danielle



Wednesday. The 26th of October.

This morning we didn’t have to get up too early, but we didn’t get a wake up call so I had to get ready pretty fast. Took the quickest shower of my life. But I wasn’t late at all, but we have left late every morning because people have not woken up. Our first stop was at the King Abdullah Mosque. Even though all the girls had to wear long sleeves and scarf’s, they still made us wear these awful black trench coat/dresses. We had a lecture on Islam by our guide while we all sat on the floor; everyone seemed to be struggling to keep their eyes open. It was a very pretty mosque. After that we hit up the Citadel. It was just a fortified city on top of a hill. Many different groups occupied it. Not really that exciting. But Wendy, Leslie, and I did have a nice little photo shoot. You can refer to Whitney’s blogs for pics. We stopped at the Zarqa River for a few minutes and had a discussion about Jacom in Genesis 32. We had lunch in a really nice resturant, but before we went in my tour guide asked on the bus if anyone was a vegetarian. I wasn’t going to raise my hand, but a ton of people on the bus were already looking and pointing at me. So now every single person knows. Including the doctor and my professors. But it shouldn’t be a problem, I just don’t like having the attention on me. After lunch we then finally got to Jerash. We had the option of watching a little performance about the Roman army, we had to pay for it ourselves. Pretty much everyone ended up going to it. Not gunna lie it was super lame. Seemed like they just rounded up a few random Jordanian men and had them pretend to sword fight. I guess there were a few entertaining parts, but it was not worth the ten dollar’s I paid for it. Once the show finished we walked over to the main part of Jerash, I didn’t really have high hopes for it. But it ended up being really awesome, it was a huge site and the ruins were extensive. I had a lot of fun wondering around the site, there was one column where you could put your fingers under it and feel it moving from little seismic waves in the Earth. Once we finished there we had the option of going to the Royal Automobile Museum or back to the hotel. I skipped out on the Museum, shocking I know but I’m not that fascinated by cars. I went back to the hotel with Andy-Jo where we met up with two boys that she knows that are on the Arabic program in Jordan. A bunch of kid’s from their group came over to the hotel and took us all out. Just the four of us were in our group though, the two boys (who’s names I can’t remember) took us to a sketchy falafel place down an alley. It was pretty good, not as good as Jerusalem’s though. The best part was that they paid for us the entire night because we were their guests. It was super nice of them, they were fun boys. But the cute one had a girlfriend-bummer. It was really fun listening to them speak Arabic to all of the shopkeepers. They made it a really fun night, even though I didn’t know them at all. They even paid for a taxi ride back to the hotel for us. We said bye to them and then ended up going to an ice cream place called fruit salad next to our hotel. We split a nutella dish between Andy-Jo, and the Quist sisters. There was one tiny scoop of ice cream then the rest was fruit. It was good, but I was pretty disappointed with the lack of ice cream. But I should have known better, I mean the place was called fruit salad. And that was the end of my night.

No comments:

Post a Comment