Thursday, October 13, 2011

Day 43

Lauren and I with our Ice Cream (Kaitlyn photo bomb)
Michael-Sean enjoying his ice cream

So this morning what just the normal stuff, breakfast, OT, and Judaism. None of it exciting. I got another paper back in OT, it's official he hates how I write. No worries, I'm so over it. Um we had linen exchange. Great. After lunch I did something different than my normal daily routine. I donated blood for the first time! They had some people come to the center to do it, it was a bit sketchy compared to what I've seen in the US. So we had to fill out a form before, except it was all in hebrew. Filling out the form was harder than actually giving the blood. I ended up accidentally switching my no's and yes's so the lady thought it was pretty funny. They pricked my finger, which hurt more than my arm, and then I was sent to get the blood taken. The lady doing it was really nice, she was like good news you have veins and blood! I wasn't nervous at all, but it was quite a long process to actually get to the blood donating part. And I am not known for my patience. But I am glad I did it. There were a few kid's that stayed while everyone was giving blood and they would hold your hand and distract you. It was nice of them. I was told that I was the one of the bravest people and didn't even flinch. What an accomplishment. I had my hebrew class after that, my teacher talked about how 89 people in her family died in the holocaust. I only have one more hebrew class left and then were done! Crazy! After that we had two excruciating hours of Islam. That class is seriously the most pointless class we have, we learn absolutely nothing. After dinner we got a bus of about forty kids and went over to West Jerusalem. It wasn't organized very well, the bus dropped us off far from where we wanted to be. So we had to stay with the huge group. And it was a stop and figure out where we were on the map, move ten feet, then look at the map again kind of thing. As I previously stated i'm not known for my patience, so it was pretty frustrating for me. We eventually broke off into a group of about eight people, which was still too big for my preference. But it was a fun group of girls and our one boy, that we were required to have. I'm not a big fan of all of the rules they have here. But the highlight of the night was this gelato ice cream that we got, it was a biscotti with cookie bits. It was soo yummy. We also ran into some canadians while we were there and they were talking to us about how they were born again christians and they were trying to get us too look into Jesus even though they knew we were mormons. But we aren't allowed to talk about our religion at all while we were here, rules, so it was hard to talk to them without breaking the rules. After that our bus driver had to hunt us down, because he parked in the wrong spot. And we eventually got out of there. Also I got a couple little things for the baby babushka. aka buba, aka sarah:)

No comments:

Post a Comment