Saturday, October 8, 2011

Day 39


Alright look I’ve just posted twoish days in a row. Almost. Impressive. Remember how I previously mentioned that one of the security guards runs a work out class twice a week. Well I have been going to them with Melissa. And it’s pretty pathetic how weak I have gotten, compared to when I was in high school. So now I’m just sore all of the time. But it is a fun workout.

Today we just had the basic classes. OT, Islam, and Ludlow. Islam was only supposed to be an hour long, but he kept us for two. Ick. I couldn’t tell you a word he said because I was doing readings for Ludlow’s class. And listening in Islam is utterly pointless and useless. So I’m not missing out on much, if anything. I got a 6/5 on my quiz in Ludlow though! So not paying attention in Islam paid off.

For lunch today I had an epiphany. It was sandwiches for lunch, which I usually don’t like because it is all meat. But I realized that I can have a delicious veggie sandwich by using the salad bar veggies! Dur. Why didn’t I think of that before? Pretty much sandwich day is now my favorite.

We had a humanitarian activity again. Except I didn’t enjoy this one quite as much as last one. Mainly because I was helping seal bags, instead of making the kits. And the sealer was a piece of crap, thus we couldn’t go very fast. So it was just frustrating. But I did get a couple of home made cookies out of it.

At dinner tonight I got to go on a tour of the kitchen, because Lauren is friends with Achmed- the lead chef and a fellow vegetarian. It was fun to see the kitchen, I almost felt like I was back at Harmon’s and had to go prep some lettuce.  And since it’s Friday night we get to watch a movie, it’s the Prince of Egypt. Apparently just about every single person here has seen it, except for me.

I haven’t taken any pictures of my exciting past day. So I am including pictures of my room, via request of my mother. There are four of us to a room. There haven’t been any problems with sharing the shower or anything. Except I am maybe probably slightly irritated with one roommate, just because she is just a bit in her own little world. And is super loud while everyone else is trying to sleep and she never seems to remember about cleaning checks. Oh wells. I only wake up to every single sound and movement in the room, no biggie.

My bed is the middle one

Both sides are the exact same

Facing the other way

 What a great room, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment