Monday, October 17, 2011

Day 47


Leslie, (Ben), Wendy, and I at Eilat


Kaitlyn, Lauren, Whitney, Leslie and I on the pier

Wendy's model shot?

Getting ready..

Kaitlyn, Leslie, me, Lauren, Whitney, and Aubrey
Sunday. The 16th of October.
Today was an optional out of the center activity. Which everyone decided to go on, including a few of the faculty families. I had to get up super early this morning. Five to be exact. We had to be on the buses by six, because we had a four hour drive ahead of us to Eilat! Eilat is a beach town on the edge of the Red Sea. Andrew sat next to me on the bus, he has the most interesting sense of humor which everyone finds hilarious. After the forever-long bus ride we finally got there. We had to be debriefed before we were allowed onto the beach, because we were at a national parks reserve. We all got to snorkel, which I did twice. There is a big reef but we weren’t really allowed that close to it because they are trying to preserve it and let it grow. But the snorkeling was still a blast; the water was so salty that you didn’t even have to swim. You just float. But I’m not a fan of salt water, because I always manage to swallow it. Ick. After we were there for a few hours we drove over to this beach side shopping area, where we were given an hour to shop. I didn’t get anything, but it was fun to walk around and look at all of the little shack shops. We drove to dinner after that, which we had all prepaid for. So I was a little worried that it was going to be a yucky meat thing, which it was. But Taylor, the other vegetarian, worked it out for us so we got salads. I wasn’t excited for yet another salad, but it was actually one of the best salad’s I’ve ever had. I thoroughly enjoyed it. And in addition to our dinner we each got to get cups of ice cream. I got a shaved chocolate one, which I also thoroughly and completely enjoyed. Lauren and I may have also bought a chocolate bar that has pop rocks inside of it. Which was as well a good treat. Sadly we had a four-hour bus ride back home. I ended up lying down on two seats and slept. But for some reason no one could see me. So I kept getting sat on and people were trying to put their bags onto the seat aka me. Let’s just say I didn’t sleep very well. But by ten we had gotten home and I went straight to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment