Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Days 59 & 60

Friday and Saturday. The 28th and 29th of October.

Friday we had our usual classes. Then had another Humanitarian Activity making school kits. Somehow I manage to get the worst jobs during these activities. This week I was in charge of restocking books and opening them up. This may seem like a simple task, but I was restocking for multiple stations. Which meant that I had to carry thirty pound boxes of books to two different stations about every three minutes. And then open each individual package of plastic wrapped books with my nails. Eventually I was allowed three assistants, because they finally realized that doing my job alone was nearly impossible. Anyways, it was a fun activity. I only ripped off about six of my nails, but hey I got two homemade cookies. Instead of a Friday night movie we had Israeli Folk dancing. Lauren and I weren't planning on going, but half way through we decided to go. And lo and behold it was a blast. The instructor was so into it and the dances were surprisingly fun. I was glad that we ended up going. A lot of kid's didn't go because 1) they thought it would be lame or 2) they were mysteriously sick. A handful of kid's got sick once we got home from Jordan. What weak immune systems. ha.

Saturday.
Normal church. Except for the fact that sacrament meeting was completely full, over three hundred people. There were multiple tour groups. It's kinda fun to socialize with all the old people on the tour, one couple from Canada knows Lauren's grandparents so they brought her a huge bag full of candy. She was kind enough to share with me. After church Lauren and I officially found where we are living next year. We are going to live together in Northwoods. Were super excited. We've been looking for recipes to cook and have been looking at apartment type furnishings. aka bed spreads and mugs. Brother Harper gave us a fireside at six, but I can't tell you what it was about. Because this fairly annoying boy, remember that boy who sat was by me on the plane ride here?, well he was passing me notes the entire time in Hebrew. I told him I didn't want to pass notes, but he was very persistent. Thus I was concentrating on reading and writing Hebrew rather than listening to the devotional. Afterwards we had our choir practice for the Christmas concert. I have officially decided that alto is where I'm meant to be. I think the alto's make the song sound soo much better than the sopranos. Um I talked to the family. Ya that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment