Friday, November 25, 2011

Day 85

Hazor

Hazor, it almost looks like Fall trees!

Hazor

Dan. With Maddie, Katie, Elyse, Lauren, me, Kara

There's Lebanon!

The Mud Gate with Katie and Lauren

Pools at Dan

Banias Falls

Banias

Nimrod's Castle

Nimrod's Castle

Wendy and  in the Castle

Nimrod's Castle


Tuesday. The 22nd of November.
Today both classes got to go on the field trip, but we were still separated so we weren't actually at any of the sites together. Our first stop was at Hazor, it was just an important Canaanite city. In Judges it is where Jael killed some guy by putting a tent peg through his temple while he slept. It really wasn't that interesting. There was a water cistern that had two spiral stair cases to the bottom and they weaved around each other. That really was one of the most interesting things there. We then went to tel Dan. It was a great site, it was full of trees and green-ness. It is one of the main headwaters for the Jordan River. Huntsman gave us a lecture about living water. We then got to walk around the site for a while. There was a ton of stuff to see! There was a mud brick gate from the time of Abraham, a high holy place, little pools of water, and we could even see Lebanon from where we were standing. I really enjoyed this site. Next we went to Banias (Panias), this is where Jesus asked Peter who men thought he was in Matthew 16:16. This site had some Petra-esqe carvings in the walls, we then went over to Banias Falls. But we were running short on time so we went on the short little trail to see one waterfall. It was really beautiful as well. I love seeing the green and all the water. Because the rest of Israel is so dry and brown. Next up we went to Nimrod's Castle! It was huge and so much fun to explore for a while. It was also a great view. It made me want to live in a castle. We stopped at another overlook on the way home, but it was pretty much dark and there wasn't much to see so I didn't even get off the bus. We got back to the kibbutz and had dinner. Then I went to my room and Jessica and I studied for our take home part of our test for NT. She took it then went down to the re-scheduled bonfire, but I was too comfy and warm in my bed so I watched some more of Avatar, then took the test, then just went to bed. And I didn't want to get all smoky and smelly again.

No comments:

Post a Comment