Saturday, November 5, 2011

Day 64, 65, 66, 67, and 68


Tuesday through Saturday. The 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th of November.

Five day’s in one post. That should prove just how boring and uneventful this week has been. I turned in my Hebrew final, it was super easy. On Wednesday morning I took the first half of my Old Testament test. It was fifty questions; we got to use our scriptures. But it was hard enough that my scriptures weren’t even helping me that much. We finally got linen exchange on Wednesday, my sheets haven’t been on my bed since we got back from Jordan. But smart me forgot about it and I was in the library while it was going down. So basically I didn’t get new sheets, I tried to get them but the sheet man had already left with all the dirty ones. Bummer. But then Melissa complained to the Doctor (who is in charge of linen exchange) that my sheets smelled, jokingly. So finally I got some new ones. But I was way too frustrated to even put them on my bed, so my great roomie Whitney did it for me. On Thursday we had our last Judaism class, pretty much just passed notes with a group of seven people the entire time. On strange boy broke out in song at the end of class to show how grateful he was for the teacher, it was pretty awkward. He was singing ‘God be with you till we meet again’, so we sorta joined in. Then when he started singing the second verse, we had to start clapping to cut him off. That night we had the second half of our OT test, we had two hours to write an in class essay. We were given the prompt on the first day of class, so my professor has super high expectations. We again got to use our scriptures, so I basically had already written my essay in my scriptures. I was one of the first people done, Harper met me half way on my way down to the front and said good work and shook my hand. He is a super nice person, I just don’t like him as a professor. Next on Friday we had our field trip final, it is a pass/fail class so everyone’s goal was to just get at least 63 percent. I’m positive that I passed. It was pretty easy, especially since I wasn’t trying to score very high. Pretty much all of my time between the tests was spent studying. It was fast Sabbath this week, but it wasn’t too bad waiting all day to eat. We also had choir for our Christmas concert, it should be a good concert. Apparently the tickets for it have been sold out for quite a while. And by sold out I mean handed out, because all the concerts at the center are free.

But I did have a little fun this week. On Thursday I went out to the city with Whitney and Ben. We were out for a few hours just shopping. I spent way too much money. Oh wells. I still have enough money for tuition, as long as I don’t spend any more. We are now allowed to use public transit, so we tried to catch a bus home. But the only bus were allowed to ride didn’t come until we were almost back to the center. I watched a couple movies, Little Women and The Island. On Wednesday night our boy’s had a basketball game against a local team, so I went with a group of people to cheer them on. It was a blast, for the first half at least. Lauren, Leslie, Kaitlin and I were more into the game then everyone else. We ended up loosing by almost twenty points, it was rough. On Friday night I played speed scrabble (which I won the most, not that anyone was counting) and catchphrase. I had Leslie and AndyJo on my catchphrase team, we were pretty good at it and were the overall winners. It was super fun, we got way too into it. I also played ping pong for a little while, you could tell that I hadn’t played for a long time. But this week hasn’t been my favorite. I don’t even study this much back in Provo. Oh but it is officially winter here now, it has been raining every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment