Friday, November 25, 2011

Day 83

Church on Mount Tabor

Inside the Church with Kaitlyn

Church of Nain

Megiddo

Dang I blinked. Megiddo.

In a manger with Katie.

Sunset at the Sea of Galilee. This picture doesn't do it justice.

Yes I took a picture of myself. I couldn't help myself. Just look at the background!

Sunday. The 20th of November.

Field trip day! We were on the buses by 7:30 ready to go. Our first stop was at Mount Tabor, our bus couldn't make it up the hill because the roads are too narrow and windy so we got to ride up in smaller vans. Our driver had this huge mustache and was wiggling it the entire time at Whitney and I. At some points he didn't even have his hands on the steering wheel and was turned around posing for pictures for us! Mount Tabor is the traditional site of the Transfiguration when Moses and Elias came and spoke to Jesus. We had a little lecture then viewed the overlook and went into the church there. It had some really pretty mosaic ceilings. Matty wanted to take a picuture with me but I was talking with Melia Ludlow when he asked me so I told Melia to be in the picture with us. It was pretty funny because it looked like a family picture. And even better nearly our whole group was watching us take the picture, so they were all laughing about it too. We then got to go to the church of Nain, one of the Fathers from Tabor had the key to it. Nain is where Jesus raised the widow's son from the dead in Luke. The church was in the middle of an Arabic area and there was a call of prayer going on nearly the entire time we were there. Huntsman talked to us again for a while about death and resurrection. And then of course we sang. For some odd reason when we get on the back on the bus in the mornings, we become suddenly hungry and eat our lunches at about ten. The lunches are two sandwiches, cheese and PB&J for me, a candy bar, an apple, and a water bottle. We all got pretty sick of them, we had quite a good trade system going on with them. We then went to Megiddo, the last battle (Armageddon) is supposed to happen here. Kaitlyn and I had a nice little bonding moment over both having played softball for a long time. Thus we had a fun little rock throwing contest, we were throwing rocks off the tel. We tried to get them into a dumpster next to the parking lot, but the wind kept pulling the rocks too far right. So Kaitlyn through one pretty far left so that the wind would carry it into the dumpster. Well the wind didn't blow that time and her rock almost hit a car, so we ran away pretty fast. We played around at the ruins, getting on the fake metal horses and sitting in the mangers like baby Jesus (Megiddo had a big horse stable area once upon a time). Luckily it didn't start to rain until we were back on the bus. But we still had one more site at a national park, Gan Ha-Shelosha, that had some natural springs. I had brought my swimsuit, but I didn't even want to get off the bus and run through the pouring rain to the semi-warm springs. So I volunteered my swimsuit to another girl who wanted to go swimming. And about fifteen kids and I stayed on the bus. Well when the rain let up a little bit Lauren, Katie, and I ran inside and got Magnum bars. When we got back the sun was just setting so I went down to the beach to take a couple pictures. Jessica took a ton of fun pictures of Kaitlyn, Katie, and I in the water. We did a bunch of fun jumping ones where it looks like we are standing on the water. I ended up soaking my pants completely, but it was a blast. And even better the sunset was super beautiful in the background of the pictures. I changed then went to dinner, we had Ludlow's class again after dinner. Then I studied for my midterm a bit and worked on homework for the rest of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment