Friday, November 18, 2011

Day 79

Katie and I at the Fish Restaurant 

Katie, m, and Kaitlyn on the pier

Wednesday. The 16th of November.

This morning I got up and ended up getting to breakfast early so that I had time to get some more of my reading done before class started. We had class in the basement of one of the main buildings. I think Leslie described it as a hospital room in Guatemala. It’s a bit sketch. But we were down there for two entire hours learning more about the New Testament. We then were given a two hour break where I got more reading done and just messed around on the internet for a little while. It rains here a ton, so we couldn’t go down to the beach really without getting rained on. We then had another hour of class, then lunch. The meal room is a huge buffet with tons of tables, but we were the only ones there because all of the tourist are out touring along with the other half of our group. At lunch we had these little potatoes that were shaped into smiley faces and these cups of frozen slush/ice creamish stuff. It was like an elementary school meal, but actually pretty good. Once lunch was over I worked on homework for a while longer then seem to have taken about a two hour long nap. Which I thoroughly enjoyed. Once I got up my class got to go out to the Fish Restaurant for dinner. It was probably a three-minute bus ride over. We were given the option of fish, pizza, or pasta. I went for the pizza, although the full fish with spikes, a face, and teeth was tempting. The food was good enough. I seem to enjoy the pita bread and hummus quite well everywhere I go. Once we were done eating we drove over to Tiberias where we got to walk around for an hour and buy ice cream if we wanted. But most things were closed. We walked around the boardwalk for a little while and just wandered around. It was too cold for ice cream, so that was a no go for me. Once we got back to the kibbutz I did a little more studying then went to bed. If you haven’t noticed, we have so much more homework here than we did at the JC. Because we have three hours of class in one day we havet to prepare as if it were three separate classes. It’s a pain. We also have our midterm on Monday, so that’s causing a bit of stress as well. Oh and lucky me has to figure out a talk as well. So that is taking up lots of my spare time too. Isn’t Galilee just so much fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment