Friday, November 25, 2011

Day 88

Friday. The 25th of November.

I love being back at the center, it's wonderful. So wonderful that I didn't want to even get out of bed this morning. Apparently neither did any of my roommates, we all snoozed and/or completely ignored our alarm clocks. We still were on time, just slow. We had NT for two hours, we also had a really easy quiz. But it was pretty much a bummer for me because I didn't do the reading and I couldn't remember specifics from my one minute skim of all the reading. So I did poorly on the quiz, no big deal really. We then had Ludlow's class right after, but I could hardly concentrate. I worked on blogging for the hour until lunch, didn't get far. At lunch it was sandwich day, which I love. We also have a hot chocolate machine, so I got some of that because it is so cold here. Well you can't really compare it to Utah. But it's freezing for here, the center is even cold. We then had our humanitarian project for a couple hours, we finally reached our ten thousand goal for hygiene kits. It was then three, when we are allowed to leave the center on Fridays. But about three groups fell through and couldn't go out because of random things ie primary program practice and synagogue visits. So I was bummed and didn't feel like going out anymore. But then I decided that I was being lame and I went out with Brielle, Aubrey, and Lauren. We decided just to wander around for the two hours we had. We ended up finding an outdoor soccer field inside the Old City! I was completely surprised that we had never seen it before. We were a little nervous to go in at first because there were only men inside. But it ended up being a blast. We were watched pretty much the entire time, but we loved watching the soccer game. They were all actually pretty nice to us. Well this one little boy was sorta dancing in front of us, then spit on us. And then one of the adults yelled at him and smacked him in the head. We didn't really know how to feel about it. We were glad the kid was reprimanded, but felt bad that he got hit. We eventually were so cold that we couldn't stay any longer, so we left. On our way out we saw this asian man that was wearing pink claw crocs, pink genie pants, and had long hair that was half up. It was hilarious. We ended up following him around for a little while and taking sneaky photos. While we were walking back we talked to a man that was born in Ogden for a couple minutes, it is really fun talking to the locals. Then we headed back up to the center. I worked some more on the blog, went to dinner. It is Andrew's birthday today, so they lifted him up in the chair twenty-five times then he was given twenty-five kisses. They were trying to get the girls to give them to him, but then some of the boys did and even Bro. and Sis. Chapman! It was hilarious. One of the 'funny' boys wanted to be the 25th kiss. So while he waited he creepily stared at Andrew and was putting chapstick on. Then when it was finally his turn, he crawled across the table and ended up knocking a full glass of water onto Andrew and soaking his pants. It was the funniest thing I have seen all week. We were all dying of laughter. After dinner I worked on this darn blog for ever and watched a White Christmas with the girls. And after all my hard efforts I am almost, sorta caught up, minus all the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment