Friday, November 18, 2011

Day 77










Whitney, Lindsay, and I on our way to Beth She'an

Kaitlyn, Katie and I at Beth She'an

Kaitlyn, Lauren and I at Beth She'an
Katie and I at the Church of Annunciation

Church of Annunciation

Mount Arbel

Monday. The 14th of November.

I got up at five this morning to finish packing. So I got about four hours of sleep. Even though we left so early in the morning, we didn’t actually spend that much time on the bus. We went to Beth She’an, which was some sort of important Canaanite city. We got to ride a train/long golf cart-Esq. thing to and from the site, which was probably the most exciting part. There were a bunch of ruins as usual. We were given some free time to either look at the ruins more or hike a little hill. I def did not want to hike yet another hill. So I ended up messing around and just taking some fun pictures. At one point three other kids and I climbed on top of some ruins, about fifteen feet of the ground, to get a fun picture, but we got yelled at by some random tour guide and had to get down. While I was walking out to leave, I realized that I didn’t have my headset anymore, so Lauren and I hustled back only to find that some tour group had picked it up and I literally had to chase them down to get it back. They were a bunch of old people that were joking around with me. We then drove to Nazareth where we went into the Church of Annunciation. I was just minding my own business enjoying myself when bam. Brother Ludlow came up to me and asked me to speak on Sabbath. Can you say downer on my day? I tried to get out of it, but he just guilt tripped me back in. Do you know how intimidating it is to talk about the New Testament in Galilee to multiple published experts on the New Testament in front of the only forty people you know in the country who are studying the NT? Well I’ll tell you, it’s pretty intimidating. You could pretty much say I was/am freaking out. Any way now that my whole day was ruined and I was in a grumpy mood. We then walked to the Church of St. Joseph, looked around there for a bit. It really wasn’t interesting. Next we walked to a small Greek Catholic church, also known as the Synagogue Church. Where we had a little lecture and then sang  a few songs, the custodian that worked there thanked us when we were done because he really liked our songs. We then drove to Mount Arbel. We hiked up and saw the great view off the super steep edges, but then it started so we headed back down. And then we drove to our kibbutz, Ein Gev, and checked into our places. Were in tiny little shacks with four people to one. They are pretty old and super far away from the main area. It is literally a five minute walk from my room to the reception desk. I ate the decent buffet dinner, then used internet in the lobby (the only place we get the super glitchy/slow internet) for a little while, did some reading then went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment