Monday, November 7, 2011

Day 69


Sunday. The 6th of November.

Today we had a field trip, instead of our free day. We left the center at nine for Yad Vashem, the Israel Holocaust museum. Our Judaism teacher, Ophir, met us there. He gave us an intro/lecture about it for a while. He took us into the Children’s memorial part of the museum. It was pitch black and you walk in a giant circle and all around you it looks like stars but it is really just a bit of a candle allusion. It was really neat. After Ophir showed us around the grounds a bit more then we were given two hours to go through the museum. I originally tried to stay with a small group of people, but there were just so many things to look at that it was too hard to stay with a group. So I just walked through by myself. The entire museum was fascinating, I wish we had gotten more time to be in it. I felt like there was so much more to see.  I learned a lot of new things from just the two hours I was there. The one thing I didn’t like about the museum was that there were so many people. I kept getting stuck behind or in tour groups. Other than that it was a good experience. We had sack lunches from the center delivered to us when we finished. It was lame that we didn’t get them this morning, because they made the sandwiches for us so basically I got an apple and these weird onion snack things for lunch. We then walked over to Mt. Herzl which is a memorial and cemetery. Ophir guided us around there for a couple hours. I couldn’t really concentrate on what he was saying because we were usually sitting really uncomfortably and it was freezing. We were pretty much in huddles of people the entire time trying to stay warm. I’m sure it’s much colder in Utah, but you must understand that we haven’t been exposed to cold weather for nearly eight months. When we were finally done walking around we were picked up by vans and taken home. Whitney and I took a quick nap/warm up in our beds before dinner. There has been a girls basketball competition started here, you could sign up for it. There are probably seven teams of six girls each. I didn’t sign up. I’m not horrible at basket ball, it’s just that I don’t want to be shoved around by a bunch of girls. I’m not really into the physical contact sports. The first games were tonight, so at seven I went and watched them play. The first game was pretty pathetic, although it was hilarious to watch because most of the girls were terrible. The second game was a lot better, both teams actually did pretty well. Once I had my fill of girls basketball I bailed and went to the computer lab where Katie and I proceeded to spend a few hours on pinterest/anthro. It was a good use of time. Yep, that’s all.

No comments:

Post a Comment