Sunday, November 13, 2011

Day 75 and 76

Saturday and Sunday. The 12th and 13th of November.

Saturday I wore one of my new pencil skirts to church, along with Melissa, Whitney, and Taylor. But they weren't mid-calf, so it was a bit uncomfortable. But during church I saw multiple people from home, it was fun to see some familiar faces. Well I didn't actually know some of them, but they knew my mom. They were super nice and actually gave me some money. After church I watched a movie then took a nap. That night we had a devotional, it was some army guy. He basically read us his autobiography the entire time, interesting but not really worth my time. Next we had choir practice. After that I studied for a little bit, then watched an episode of Grey's Anatomy on my new favorite website.

Saturday. Whitney and I got up at 5:50, thinking we were brilliant because the laundry room opened at six and everyone was going to want to do their laundry today. But to our dismay almost all the machines were already full! We basically ended up just waiting around in the laundry room all morning. At breakfast we tried to recruit a third person to go out with us, but every one was either staying in the center to write their papers or already had plans. So bummer. Whitney and I ended up studying for our NT quiz, while we waited for a few people to go with us. Eventually we left with Leslie, Courtney, and Kaitlyn. We took the bus, for the first time, up to the Old City where we went to Zedekiahs Cave. It is a huge cave under the city where they took stone from to build Solomon's Temple. We spent a while down their, mainly taking pictures. It was a blast. I'll get those pictures eventually, I don't have them on my camera. We went through the city for a while, the other girls did some more shopping. My only investment of the day was in a carmel filled donut and a chocolate ball pastry thing from the Jewish quarter. I love walking around the city, I feel like I know it really well and can get around it easily. I sorta led the group around today, it was fun to practice my navigation skills. I didn't make a single wrong turn! Shocking I know. We went to the Holy Sepulcher where the door keeper, the man who keeps the keys and opens and locks the church every night, started talking to us and gave us his business cards and had us take a picture with him. He was the best part of the church. We were taking pictures outside of it for a bit and we had set our bags down. And all of the sudden some guy came and grabbed one of the backpacks and tried to get away. But he came back because he was just joking with us. The guy that took it was one of the shopkeepers that we know, he thought he was all funny. Not really buddy. We eventually made our way back to the center around four. I then fell asleep until six, I had planned on studying but obviously I wasn't that interested in it. Nap over studying, easy choice. I went to dinner where I proceeded to eat two bowls of ice cream. Along with some veggies. Then I watched the movie Heavy Weights, funny movie. Once the movie was over I studied some more for my NT quiz, but then somehow I ended up blogging. Strange.

Anyways. I'm going to Galilee for the next eleven days. So don't expect any posts. I might attempt to use the dicy internet their, but don't get your hopes up. I know you'll just be devastated that you wont have my blog to read. So sad. Wells I gotta go pack, I hate packing. Alright seee ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment