Friday, November 18, 2011

Day 80

Whitney, Danielle, Charlotte, Kaitlyn and me hiking Gamla


Lindsay, Jared, and me on top of Gamla

Ah spot on my face. Whitney, Lindsay, Kaitlyn

Gap in the clouds, soaking wet on Gamla

Quazrin Village. Kimberly, Sarah, me, Matty, Kara, Suzy
Kaitlyn and I in the reconstructed house

Just messing around in the house

Yay another house photo
Thursday. The 17th of November.

Today was another field trip for my class, while Harper’s class had to stay in the creepy basement and to actual work. We drove to Gamla, which is ancient ruins, shocker. The Byzantines I believe took over the city from the Jews, but the Jews didn’t want to be under bondage so about five thousand of them jumped off the cliffs to their deaths. Or something along those lines. We had the option of either hiking up to a waterfall or hiking down to actually see the ruins. I decided to go to the ruins. But once again it was raining the entire time. We had to go down a super steep hill and then back up a different hill to even see the ruins. It was so foggy that you could barely see anything. Except for a few minutes while we were at the top there was a couple little breaks in the fog and we could actually see the view, which was really pretty. We then had to hike back up the steep hill, which wasn’t fun. A couple girls actually slipped and fell and got covered in mud, it was pretty funny but a bummer for them. By the time we got back to the bus we were all soaked and our pants were covered in mud. But I feel like the rain made this site more fun than it would have been if it hadn’t been raining. We then drove to Quazrin Village, where we watched this super odd movie about, well I don’t even know. It was really weird. We then walked around the ruins, here they reconstructed some of the houses so it was fun to walk through them as if people actually lived in them now. Some of them were pretty nice, they had two stories and some nice little fireplaces. We didn’t stay at this site long, because everyone wanted to get out of the cold rain. On our bus rides all day Huntsman had been telling us his story about him and Elaine, his wife. It’s pretty hilarious because he is completely the girl in their relationship. Which you wouldn’t expect if you just looked at him. Once we got back to the kibbutz we had an hour until lunch. So I, again, tried to figure out my talk with no success. While we were on the Mount of Beatitudes the other day, I was like epiphany perfect I’ll just talk about the beatitudes. But then we talked a lot about them in class, so I don’t want to be repetitive and have to talk about them after Huntsman. So again I’m stumped. At lunch we had pasta with this meat sauce. But surprise, surprise it wasn’t meat to everyone elses dismay. It was actually tofu! Taylor and I were pretty excited. Between lunch and dinner, pretty much five hours, I did homework nearly the entire time. Well there was a very brief nap in there. I was actually supposed to go on a hike, but I was so not into that. I didn’t want to get all wet and muddy for the second time in one day. And I was all hiked out. So I bailed, even though I had already paid a whopping 10 shekels. To tell you the truth I don’t regret not going at all. Again after dinner I did homework and worked on my talk. I am finally caught up with the homework. And I pretty much have a talk written, okay well about 99 percent of it my just be straight from another talk, but it is fine. I mean lets just hope that no one has read this talk that I am pretty much copying, it is from 1999 but it sound really good! I broadened my subject to a few good verses within the Sermon on the Mount, instead of just doing the Beatitudes. The roommates are slowly improving, slowly. But it’s something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment