Sunday, September 18, 2011

Day 19


Sabbath. I have decided that I love having Sabbath on Saturday instead of Sunday. Because after you have your day of Church you still have a free day afterwards and can get all ready for the week. But I hate how they have our day set up here. They have breakfast at 8 but church isn’t until 10.  So there is no way I’m going to get up early and dressed for breakfast and then have an hour to do nothing. So I have just been sleeping through breakfast. Which is lame because we aren’t fed again until four. So I pretty much fast every week. I’m going to have to stock up on granola bars or something of the sort. Our sacrament meeting was good, all of the speakers did well. It went over time quite a bit so it shortened Sabbath School, which I was fine with. Because it was my first time going and they just read scriptures for it today. Our RS was really good afterwards, Sister Ludlow, my professor’s wife, taught us. I feel like they are the smartest couple ever, they just do everything so perfectly. After church was over we were all way hungry. But good news, I still had an entire loaf of bread in my backpack. Melissa and I were just going to go down to our room and eat it, but Matty and Nick remembered that we had it. So they came over to our room and we ate the entire thing. It was still super soft even though it had been sitting out all night. Our home teachers came over after the boys left. Our home teachers are Andrew and Adam. They are both really nice guys. They asked us what was new in our lifes, it was actually pretty funny because we had nothing to say. We then came to the conclusion that we all pretty much are living the exact same life. We do all of the same things. Same classes, same church, same food, same people. Melissa and I convinced Adam to go to the City with us because we wanted to go to the Garden Tomb and we still needed to exchange money. So we walked up to the Tomb and met up with a few other kids that were there. We stayed for a little while, but then had to head out for the money. The three of us went and exchanged our money and talked with Alladin for a while. He asked me where my ancestors were from, aka what my ethnicity was. I have been asked every single day that I have been here what I am. And every time I answer them with Caucasian they don’t seem to believe it. On our walk up the hill to the Center we stopped and talked to this old man that Adam has become friends with. He was really nice and wants us to come over next week when we get back from Turkey and talk with him. Once we got back I had to change back into my Sabbath clothes before I could go to the Oasis. At dinner they had ice cream. Which was perfect because we were so hot from walking outside. We each got a scoop of vanilla/white chocolate (yum) and pistachio (gross).  I really don’t understand why people like pistachio ice cream, it is disgusting ick. I sent Hannah an email after dinner, because….it’s her birthday!! 17 on the 17th!! YAY. I called home after I sent the email and talked to them for a while. I had a devotional at six, but I was still on the phone until twenty after so I ended up not going. Because I hate walking in late to things. Especially here because the room it was in you have to walk in the very front and everyone watches you. So now I’m just typing this. But I need to start packing my bags, because were flying out to Turkey tomorrow for the entire week!! Yaya, no homework or classesJ  So I won’t be updating until next week. I promise I’ll take good pictures and upload a bunch when I get back. Shabbat Shalom

No comments:

Post a Comment