Sunday, September 4, 2011

Day 5

Dome of the Rock

Ben (rigth) getting a bag of candy

Sunday. Free day. Leslie, Whitney, and I were going to work out this morining. But unfortunately Whitney and I never woke up. Dang. I love working out. We had breakfast and made our sack lunches. I was planning on reading all morning. So I went up to the library and started reading, but then one of the sisters who is in charge of the music came in and started talking on the phone with her daughter or someone. She was talking about her "mormon clothing" and just being really loud. So I headed down to my room, but midway down I ran into a bunch of kids about to go out. And Ben was trying to convince me to go with them. I was just getting into my reading too. But I went. Obviously. I went out with Lizzy, Taylor, Taylor, Taylor (yes there was three of them), Ben, and another girl who's name I can't remember. We hit up the money man first. And pretty much just walked around the Old City all day. We went to the Dome of the Rock, which was my first time there. I had to wear someones sweatshirt when we went in the gates, because I wasn't allowed to show my arms. We weren't allowed in until they were covered. Although there were a lot of women showing their arms...but they didn't get yelled at. Taylor, the boy, is the epitome of a tourist. He was talking to everyone. We now have friends from New York, German, and we are friends with a few Police Officers. All of which we got pictures with. Some people in the group bought a bag of gummies and a little pizza thing. It was not up to my eating standard's for sanitation reasons. We also walked up into a grave yard by accident. All of the tombs are above the ground. And you could see the BYU Center in the background, ha. We also went to Mary's birthplace and the tomb-again. Then headed back to the center. Then I really did get my reading done, there may or may not have been a nap or two somewhere in there. Whitney and I then went up to dinner. Almost all of the kids are here now, I think were just missing three. And they are stuck somewhere or something. One of them being my last roommate Melissa. Now I'm just in the computer lab with a few people. And we will probably play some games, like usual. yep.

No comments:

Post a Comment