Thursday, September 15, 2011

Day 17

Sorry for the lack of photos. But I really just haven't taken really any. Because a lot of places we go we are not allowed to take pictures, or a thousand other kids are taking photos so I end up not taking any. Ya I know, I'll try to take more and be camera annoying. I didn't do any homework at all for class today, it didn't put me too behind. But still it starts adding up. At breakfast I though I was being brilliant by toasting my pita bread then putting the scrambled eggs inside of it. But a few people made fun of me for it, just wait though I bet they will be doing it tomorrow. OT was a struggle staying awake, but that was our only class this morning. So after fifty quick minutes it was over! We had a field trip today half an hour after class ended. But it was a repeat field trip, because they had taken the "original thirty" on it while we waited for the "late fifty." The trip was to the Garden Tomb, again. So we all walked down the valley then up to the city to get there. It's quite a spectacle to see nearly ninety Americans walking the streets together. We were given the exact same tour as last time, down to the same tour guide. I thought he was great the first time, so I enjoyed listening to him again. We were allowed to split up once the tour was over. Melissa and I wanted to exchange money for Turkey and hit up the Olive Wood store. But that didn't happen. We ended up going in a group with Asia, Catie, Izak, and Maddy. First we went to lunch at a little pizza place in the Old City. It wasn't great but it was fine. Everyone that worked there kept calling me the healthy one just because I got water to drink, but everyone else in the group got coke. At one point I was just sitting their minding my own business eating my pizza. And all of the sudden something lands in my hair, oh it's just a pen cap from our waiter who was standing reasonably far away.  And before I even realized what it was he had already pulled it out of my hair. It was the funniest thing that had happened to me all day, it was just so random. After lunch we wanted to go to the Dome of the Rock but Melissa and I had short sleeves on. So we hit up Shaabons (I just realized I've been spelling his name wrong and I don't want to go fix it on all of the posts). And we got ten shekel scarfs from him. We then walked over the the Dome, but had to wait in the hot hot sun for fifteen minutes before it opened. While we were going through the security to get in I was last with Catie and she had her bible in her bag, which apparently isn't allowed inside. So her and I were pretty much kicked out, so we ended up stashing her bible and went back in. A few people in line behind us were actually pretty upset that we got kicked out for having a bible. We walked around the dome for a little while. Melissa and I were wearing our scarfs on our heads because both of us have the dark hair and it gets really hot. We like to think that we well actually one day be able to get into the actual building by pretending to be Muslim, because we look the part. After the Dome we had to walk home because we had class with Bashir at three. We stopped multiple times on the way though for cokes (the third coke stop of the day) and popsicles. The boy's like to "establish" set prices with some of the shops so every shop that we walked by with coke they would try to haggle the price down to four shekels. We got back to the center with about two minutes to spare before class. But we ended up being late to class because we had to change. Because Matty had told me right when we walked into the center that I had major sweat spots on my back from my bag. Oh well thanks, who doesn't want to be reminded about  how sweaty they are. Bashir's class was only an hour today which was nice. I sat on the back row with Andrew and he was fun to talk to, he kept me awake. After class I took a two hour nap. Because my tummy had been feeling sick all day and I had a headache. So I missed dinner. Which was fine because my stomach hurt too bad anyways. I have spent the rest of my night just getting all of my reading done. I actually understood and finished all of it, okay well most of it. Laila Tov.

No comments:

Post a Comment