Saturday, September 3, 2011

Day 4

Gethsemane Garden

The Church at the Garden

Church where Mary was supposedly burried

Today was Saturday, aka Sabbath. I got up at about 8:30 and showered then got ready for church. Both of my roommates had left early for choir practice so I walked up alone fifteen minutes before it started. So I sat down, apparently on the wrong side. Because I sat by myself. Everyone sat on the opposite side of the room. Although one of the boys Michael-Shawn sat a seat away from me. How kind of him. But the entire time I kept saying to myself, "never trust a man with two first names." Ha but I'm sure he is nice, except dad it was that guy from orientation. ick. It was fast Sunday, scratch that, fast Sabbath. So testimony meeting, only one BYU kid got up because at orientation we were given a lecture about taking up too much time. And not allowing anyone from the actual ward to have the chance to get up. I volunteered with Lauren to teach primary today! I hadn't really read the lesson, so I pretty much just winged it. We had about eight kids, ranging from four to eight in age. Including two wild boys. Some of the leaders were really mean in sharing time, because they were not silent and perfectly still the entire time. I really loved being with the kids, at the end they all said they hoped to see me next week. After church the seventeen newbies went on the city tour/walk that we had the first day. So the rest of us, well like 24 of us to be exact, went to Gethsemane Garden. I almost didn't go just because of the fasting, and because it was a billion degrees outside. So we walked over to the Garden, again uphill both ways. There is a specific area for Mormons that they let us into, actually locked us into. I was told by Jared Jr. Warner Ludlow aka JJ that the trees had been their since the time of Jesus. We all "pondered" for a little while then sang a few songs. Then headed over to the non-mormon side of the garden and into a church there. We listened to a bit of on of the sermons. Then headed out to another church, it was apparently where Mary had been buried. There was a really large stair case with candles all over it and these cool chandelier holder things hanging everywhere as well. Then we started the trek home. Literally a trek, one girl compared it to the Pioneer Trek. I thought I was going to die. But no worries I arrived back to the center, drenched in sweat. Out of everyday I had never sweated so much, which I thought was funny because I was fasting and hadn't eaten anything all day. I even changed back into my dress afterwards and pretty much soaked it with sweat as well. Then I had dinner, with the Quiste sisters. The girls from grandmas ward. They hadn't really talked to me before today, but they are nice. They are always with each other. A bunch of people watched Footloose, I wasn't too interested and ended up playing cards with a bunch of people. It's that partner game that we always played at girls camp. Which I won, obviously. Every game I have played here, I've won. And now it's seven. But seems like ten. And I'm up in the lounge watching everyone finish the movie. Oh also another group of about ten kids got here about an hour or two ago. We've just played games the rest of the night and are hoping to watch the football game at eleven tonight. Tomorrow is a freeday!

No comments:

Post a Comment