Monday, September 12, 2011

Day 14

Lauren and me at Jericho

Terrible picture of Herods Palace

Herods palace. Kaitlyn and one of the Quiste sisters (she kinda blinked)

St. Georges Monastery
We had to get up sooo early this morning. Breakfast was at six, so we had to be ready by then. So I only got about five ours of sleep, plus the sun had drained me from the day before. Today was a field trip day, so after breakfast everyone had to be at the upper entrance ten minutes before we left. Everyone made it to their bus in time, except one girl got on the wrong bus. So she was with the wrong class the entire day, I don't understand how she didn't notice before we left. We visited three of the four sites of Jericho. And I know that in every post I say something about how much we sweated and how hot it was. But this day takes the cake, it was the hottest day of the year so far or something like that. And we were exposed to it almost the entire time, because all of the Jericho sites are out in the middle of the freakin desert on top of mountains (okay more like hills)! So we had to hike to most of the locations. Thus once again we were all sweating to death. I'll try not to mention the sweating any more and just assume that you already know that I am always sweating. One of the other sites we went to was the Winter palace of Herod. He was a really evil ruler. He killed everyone who was close to him, family included, because he was afraid that they would try to steal the throne from him. He eventually died of some gross diseases, in the palace we visited. We got to walk around the remains of it which was fun, hot, but fun. We also went to St. George's Monastery. The bus took us up a super narrow and curvy road, where we then pretty much hiked up multiple hills to see the Monastery. It was built into the mountain. It is owned by the Greek Orthodox Church, who actually own more property in Israel than any other churches. Which I thought was kinda ironic. We drove back to the center after and went straight to lunch. They had made us pizza again, it was sooo yummy. I think I may have eaten five or six slices. Don't judge me, I had just climbed through the entire desert. I took a quick cat nap after then went to Judaism class. It was two hours long, but it went pretty fast. And I didn't fall asleep so that was a plus. Also our teacher gives us a break at the hour, which is really nice. Now I have just spent the last two hours in the computer lab with Lauren and Kaitlyn. Doing this. Blogging. Mainly because mom emailed me saying to update this thing. And waiting for dinner, because were already hungry again. Only nine more minutes. HE tonight, as in home evening. Family has been taken out. Were playing volleyball. All of the other groups are going to the city. If anything else exciting happens then I'll write it down tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment